Tuesday, August 18, 2009

End of Summer

Hello everyone! (all 2 of you that read this blog!) I'm not very good at updating, but I thought I would do an 'end of summer' recap.
Jim left for Iraq recently, and it has been pretty tough on the boys and myself. I know I can do this, we have gone through long seperations before, but I don't want to have to do it. Most importantly, I don't want my boys to have to go through it.
That has been the major event this summer.
We did have a great week at Family Camp with our church family in July. The boys went to summer camp at Lake Ann Camp in June, and that time is always such a blessing. It is so great to see how God works in their lives. Jim got to come home for 72 hrs before leaving for Iraq, and that was the best part of the summer.

I haven't had much time for reading this summer. I think maybe 1 book, 2 tops! Although there a few I am still hoping to get to. Maybe they will have to wait for the long, freezing cold, Michigan winter!
I don't really remember watching any movies at the theater this summer either. I did rent 'The Jane Austen Book Club' and really enjoyed it. I am sure we have gone to the movies, I guess whatever we watched just didn't have a lasting impression!

I did have a great time visiting with my sister-in-law, Liz, twice this summer. I am also looking forward to a visit from Gail and her daughter, Sommer, later this month. I have had a lot of fun hanging out with some dear friends, especially those that went out with me on my anniversary, since Jim was gone.

Our God is so amazing, and I am so incredibly blessed, I owe all that I have, all that I am, and all that I will ever be to Him!

2 comments:

fishermensline.blogspot.com said...

All to Jesus, I SURRENDER!
He is our very present HELP and we DO owe it ALL to HIM-so all to HIM, I surrender!
I love re-reading your blog!
Me

fishermensline.blogspot.com said...

I surrender ALL...all to HIM my blessed Savior!
He is our everything.....He is our strength and our fortitude!
I love your blogs and just started re-reading them....write an UPDATE on your teens!