Tuesday, September 01, 2009

First Day of School

Well, yesterday was our first day of school for the 2009-2010 school year. We have a Sophomore and 2 seventh graders this year. Not sure I am ready for this after taking a year off, but I know God will be with us, no matter what choices we feel we need to make.
Ryan will be taking a Biology dissection class with a homeschool group. Yea! I just couldn't teach that at home. We have been discussing CAP and a few other things to supplement their education this year. Zane isn't sure he wants to be homeschooled this year, but Ryan and Ian say they do. I guess we'll see...
After having a year off from teaching I am hoping I can get back into this. I am very torn, enjoying the freedom that I have while they are in a government school, but on the other hand, I seriously don't want them there. I am also battling with the stress of homeschooling, and all that goes with that, and do I really need that stress added to the stress I already have while Jim is in Iraq. Not to mention, will I be adequately teaching my high school student, or will he suffer because I kept him home...?
Well, the step has been made and homeschool was our choice, and with 2 days under our belt, I feel even more uncertain than I did just a few days ago. I know God will be with us and will guide us, and that is my only reassurance.

No comments: