Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Ooops!

I guess it is going to take a while to adjust to homeschool. This morning (yep, day 3) the teacher overslept! When my alarm went off at 6:30 I thought, 'Oh, just a few more minutes.' Later, when the alarm went off signaling time to wake up the boys I thought, 'Oh, it's already to late to keep to our schedule, so what's a few more minutes' Well, about 8:30 Zane came in and woke me up and asked if we were taking the day off. My response? "We'll see." Third day of school and I wasn't motivated enough to get up! So, sometime around 9:30 we started school. We almost put in a full day, if you don't count that we skipped Science and doing our vocab. words, and maybe 1 or 2 other things. But hey... I am trying!
Ian is already on his third assigned reading book. He just loves to read. Ryan is reading The Red Badge of Courage, Zane is reading White Fang and Ian is now reading Bud, Not Buddy. He has already read Swiss Family Robinson and Woodsong. For the assigned reading a made a list of several catagories, with plenty of books under each listing. I then let them pick books from each catagory, so they could decide based on what sounds more interesting to them. Ian already has his next two books picked out: 'Robinson Crusoe' and 'A Night to Remember'
Okay, time for History...

No comments: